Deep Tissue Massage
Recommended for releasing tension and improving mobility. Client assists by breathing into area of discomfort, helping muscle tension melt away.
What is your Deep Tissue Massage approach?
My approach is to work slowly, mindfully and to hone in on my client’s breathing pattern as a guide. I tend to hold massage technique until I feel a shift in the quality of tissue. In general, my goal is to offer a comprehensive approach by addressing superficial tissue, muscle bellies and connective tissue.
Do you have post massage self-care recommendations?
Going for a walk after a massage session is a great way to bring movement to the body. Make sure to keep hydrated and do your best to listen to your body’s needs.
How often should I get Deep Tissue Massage?
I recommend scheduling a massage on a regular basis as part of a wellness plan for maintenance of soft tissue, increased body awareness and prevention of muscular dysfunction. Areas holding tension have usually been under stress for a long time. The body needs time and consistency to take in change. Follow-up appointments are recommended for areas with mild to moderate restriction.
What are the benefits of Therapeutic Massage?
• Releases endorphins, the body’s natural painkiller
• Increases circulation, allowing more oxygen into tissues and vital organs
• Stimulates lymphatic flow, the body’s natural defense system
• Reduces muscle spasms and cramping
• Improves joint flexibility
• Reduces post-surgery adhesions and can help reduce scar tissue
• Improves range-of-motion
• Reduces stress and tension
• Helps boost immunity
• Improves posture
• Reduces stiffness